The following are the norms for placements
and internships. Please read them carefully. All registered students are expected to
follow the below :
for Student Placements and Internships
Following are norms for students to register with Career Development Cell (CDC), IIT Jodhpur, for participating in the placement and internship activities facilitated by the Institute.
- If a student registers to interview with a company, it is mandatory for the student to
participate in the entire process of placement (starting from online test, presentation by the
company to the interview). If a student does not follow the same he/she shall be debarred
from the upcoming three companies of his/her respective branch.
- It is suggested for a student to accept an offer made by a company. A student, who is
offered a job by a company, is out of the placement process irrespective of whether the
student accepts the offer or not. However, under special circumstances CDC may allow
students placed in a company to apply for placement process in a later company.
- In case a student has received a Pre-Placement Offer (PPO), he/she must accept or reject
the offer before appearing for the next round of the Interview. Once the student accepts
the PPO, he/she is immediately out of the placement process. Only when the student
rejects the PPO, then he/she can participate further in the placements.
- If a Student has multiple job offers on a single day, he/she should select one and inform
the same to CDC within the minimum time period specified by the CDC.
- Only the batch of students graduating in summer 2020 are allowed in the 2019-20
- After first round of registration in July’19, a second round of registration may be conducted
in due course of time. After second registration, first registration shall be considered as
- It is suggested for a Student to accept an internship offer made by a company. A Student, who is offered an internship by a company, is out of the internship process irrespective of whether the Student accepts the internship or not.
- As an Intern in a company, a Student is expected to create a positive image about
himself/herself and the Institute. Any negative feedback received from the company
during a student’s internship period will be considered seriously and the student can
be debarred from the Placements.
- Declining internship offers secured through CDC is not normally allowed. If a student
does not join the offered internship without having a genuine reason and company
informs the CDC about the same, then CDC can take appropriate disciplinary action
against the student including but not limited to debarring the student for few days
from the campus placement session.
- If a company gives a range of internship stipend (and benefits) in their document and
at the time of the selection by the company the stipend or benefits are less than what
were announced, the student may reject the offer or accept the offer and it is entirely
up to the student (students are requested to inform CDC about this anomaly
- CDC strongly discourages students going for off-campus internship in the companies
that CDC is in talk with for campus selection for internships as this affects the
Company-Institute relationship. Students are requested to forward any contacts that
they may have in various companies so that CDC can invite the companies formally
to the Institute.
- Students registered for on-campus internship is not allowed to appear simultaneously
for off-campus internship. CDC will immediately deregister such students and may
debar from the upcoming campus placement session. Students may appear for off-
campus internship only after informing CDC and completion of due deregistration
- Students are expected to maintain integrity during online tests/interviews. Any student
found cheating or involved in any other unfair means by any CDC member during the
test/interview will be debarred from the placement process.
- It is mandatory for a Student to follow the dress code laid down by CDC.
- CDC only assists students in the placement process, and does not take responsibility of
- Absenteeism from the selection process after registering for the same may invite strict
disciplinary action, in addition to debarring of the student from further participation in the
selection process. Attendance is counted ONLY when the student is physically present.
- A student is not allowed to meet or contact the members of the visiting team without the
prior permission of the CDC staff members, even if the student has been shortlisted by the
company. No Student should contact any official of a company registered with CDC.
- A Student should not provide any wrong information to CDC. Also, students are advised
only to treat any official communication by CDC via mail, website or portal as correct.
- All applications to the companies are to be made through CDC ONLY. If a student does
not apply through CDC for a particular company, he/she will not be allowed to participate
in the selection process of that company.
- All students are advised to check the company profile and background thoroughly before
applying. CDC will NOT and shall not be liable for any default at/on the company’s end at
any stage later.
- If the students face any behavioural issues/problems from the recruiter’s side, they should
inform such issues/problems to CDC immediately. Students shall NOT take action at their
- Students appearing for any tests/GD/presentation should report before the start of
process. Any entry post the scheduled time may not be allowed and the students would be
considered absent for that particular process. Any violation or forced entry after that time
limit would be considered as misconduct and will be dealt with as such.
- No cell phones are allowed in a test. The process holds the same sanctity as any of the
minor/major exams and the students may be debarred if found in violation as also leading
to disciplinary proceedings.
- Impersonation in tests/selection process or any kind of malpractice is a serious offence.
Seating in tests will be pre-defined by Placement & Training cell/ company representatives
and any violation will be considered as misconduct and the student is liable to be
deregistered immediately and referred to the concerned authorities for disciplinary action.
- Students must carry their Institute ID-cards at all times during the placement process. No
one would be allowed to enter the test/interview venue without the institute ID-card.
- The date/ time/ venue of the interviews may change which, at times, may be at a short
notice. Students must keep themselves well informed in this regard.
- Inappropriate behaviour is unacceptable by a Student during placement or internship
process, which may hamper the Company-Institute relationship and/or institute
Violation of any of the above norms will lead to debarring the student from the entire placement process. Further, Career Development Cell reserves the right to inform any violation by a Student to Office of Academics/Office of Students for further disciplinary action.
I have read the Placement Norms and hereby agree to comply.