Following are norms for students to register with Career Development Cell (CDC), IIT Jodhpur, for participating in the placement and internship activities facilitated by the Institute.
- If a student registers to interview with a company, it is mandatory for the student to participate in the entire process of placement (starting from online test, presentation by the company to the interview). If a student does not follow the same he/she shall be debarred from the upcoming three companies of his/her respective branch.
- It is suggested for a student to accept an offer made by a company. A student, who is offered a job by a company, is out of the placement process irrespective of whether the student accepts the offer or not. However, under special circumstances CDC may allow students placed in a company to apply for placement process in a later company.
- In case a student has received a Pre-Placement Offer (PPO), he/she must accept or reject the offer before appearing for the next round of the Interview. Once the student accepts the PPO, he/she is immediately out of the placement process. Only when the student rejects the PPO, then he/she can participate further in the placements.
- If a Student has multiple job offers on a single day, he/she should select one and inform the same to CDC within the minimum time period specified by the CDC.
- Only the batch of students graduating in summer 2020 are allowed in the 2019-20 placement process.>
- After first round of registration in July’19, a second round of registration may be conducted in due course of time. After second registration, first registration shall be considered as cancelled.
- It is suggested for a Student to accept an internship offer made by a company. A Student, who is offered an internship by a company, is out of the internship process irrespective of whether the Student accepts the internship or not.
- As an Intern in a company, a Student is expected to create a positive image about himself/herself and the Institute. Any negative feedback received from the company during a student’s internship period will be considered seriously and the student can be debarred from the Placements.
- Declining internship offers secured through CDC is not normally allowed. If a student does not join the offered internship without having a genuine reason and company informs the CDC about the same, then CDC can take appropriate disciplinary action against the student including but not limited to debarring the student for few days from the campus placement session.
- If a company gives a range of internship stipend (and benefits) in their document and at the time of the selection by the company the stipend or benefits are less than what were announced, the student may reject the offer or accept the offer and it is entirely up to the student (students are requested to inform CDC about this anomaly immediately).
- CDC strongly discourages students going for off-campus internship in the companies that CDC is in talk with for campus selection for internships as this affects the Company-Institute relationship. Students are requested to forward any contacts that they may have in various companies so that CDC can invite the companies formally to the Institute.
- Students registered for on-campus internship is not allowed to appear simultaneously for off-campus internship. CDC will immediately deregister such students and may debar from the upcoming campus placement session. Students may appear for off- campus internship only after informing CDC and completion of due deregistration process.
- Students are expected to maintain integrity during online tests/interviews. Any student found cheating or involved in any other unfair means by any CDC member during the test/interview will be debarred from the placement process.
- It is mandatory for a Student to follow the dress code laid down by CDC.
- CDC only assists students in the placement process, and does not take responsibility of placing students.
- Absenteeism from the selection process after registering for the same may invite strict disciplinary action, in addition to debarring of the student from further participation in the selection process. Attendance is counted ONLY when the student is physically present.
- A student is not allowed to meet or contact the members of the visiting team without the prior permission of the CDC staff members, even if the student has been shortlisted by the company. No Student should contact any official of a company registered with CDC.
- A Student should not provide any wrong information to CDC. Also, students are advised only to treat any official communication by CDC via mail, website or portal as correct.
- All applications to the companies are to be made through CDC ONLY. If a student does not apply through CDC for a particular company, he/she will not be allowed to participate in the selection process of that company.
- All students are advised to check the company profile and background thoroughly before applying. CDC will NOT and shall not be liable for any default at/on the company’s end at any stage later.
- If the students face any behavioural issues/problems from the recruiter’s side, they should inform such issues/problems to CDC immediately. Students shall NOT take action at their end.
- Students appearing for any tests/GD/presentation should report before the start of process. Any entry post the scheduled time may not be allowed and the students would be considered absent for that particular process. Any violation or forced entry after that time limit would be considered as misconduct and will be dealt with as such.
- No cell phones are allowed in a test. The process holds the same sanctity as any of the minor/major exams and the students may be debarred if found in violation as also leading to disciplinary proceedings.
- Impersonation in tests/selection process or any kind of malpractice is a serious offence. Seating in tests will be pre-defined by Placement & Training cell/ company representatives and any violation will be considered as misconduct and the student is liable to be deregistered immediately and referred to the concerned authorities for disciplinary action.
- Students must carry their Institute ID-cards at all times during the placement process. No one would be allowed to enter the test/interview venue without the institute ID-card.
- The date/ time/ venue of the interviews may change which, at times, may be at a short notice. Students must keep themselves well informed in this regard.
- Inappropriate behaviour is unacceptable by a Student during placement or internship process, which may hamper the Company-Institute relationship and/or institute policies/decorum.
Violation of any of the above norms will lead to debarring the student from the entire placement process. Further, Career Development Cell reserves the right to inform any violation by a Student to Office of Academics/Office of Students for further disciplinary action.