Following are norms for students to register with Office of Students Placement (OSP), IIT Jodhpur, for participating in the placement and internship activities facilitated by the Institute.
- If a Student registers to interview with a company, it is mandatory for the Student to participate in the entire process starting from presentation by the company to the interview.
- Inappropriate behaviour is unacceptable by a Student during placement or internship process, which may hamper the Company-Institute relationship and/or institute policies/decorum.
- It is mandatory for a Student to follow the dress code laid down by OSP.
- It is suggested for a Student to accept an offer made by a company. A Student, who is offered a job by a company, is out of the placement process irrespective of whether the Student accepts the offer or not.
- In case a Student has received a Pre-Placement Offer (PPO), he/she must accept or reject the offer before appearing for the next round of the Interview. Once the student accepts the PPO, he/she is immediately out of the placement process. Only when the student rejects the PPO, then he/she can participate further in the placements.>
- If a Student has multiple job offers on a single day, he/she should select one and inform the same to OSP within the minimum time period specified by the OSP.
- Only the batch of students graduating in summer 2016 are allowed in the 2015 placement process.
- It is suggested for a Student to accept an internship offer made by a company. A Student, who is offered an internship by a company, is out of the internship process irrespective of whether the Student accepts the internship or not.
- As an Intern in a company, a Student is expected to create a positive image about himself and the Institute. Any negative feedback received from the company during a Student’s internship period will be considered seriously.
- Office of Students Placement only assists students in the placement process, and does not take responsibility of placing students.
- No Student should contact any official of a company registered with OSP.
- A Student should not provide any wrong information to OSP.
Violation of any of the above norms will lead to debarring the student from the entire placement process. Further, Office of Students Placements reserves the right to inform any violation by a Student to Office of Academics/Office of Students for further disciplinary action.